Dr. Steven Nakisher is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, founder of the Center for Personal Development and co-founder of Cornerpiece Consulting. Dr. Nakisher received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and completed his doctorate degree at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
Areas of Focus:
Dr. Nakisher’s area of expertise is working with adults who struggle with eating, relationships, sexual and alcohol/drug addictions, internet overuse, ADD, and issues related to sexuality. He has extensive experience conducting psychological evaluations, as well as case conceptualization and treatment.
Through Dr. Nakisher’s work with Cornerpiece Consulting, he has extensive experience in business consulting and development that originates with people changing the face of business. His unique perspective on leadership, marketing and business development, creates better, stronger businesses and better leaders.
Dr. Nakisher’s approach can be best described as “get out of your own way” therapy. Dr. Nakisher integrates the qualities of caring and compassion in action into his work. He relies on both short and longer term techniques to help people improve their relationships, increase self acceptance, and reach their potential. His highly interactive and dynamic approach is supportive and direct, as he works hard to create a safe place for individuals to explore and confront issues that impair their quality of life.
- Doctor of Psychology and Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Member American Psychologist Association (APA)
- Member American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA)
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (AGPA)
- Member Illinois Psychologist Association (IPA)
- Board Member: Chicago School of Professional Psychology (2001-present)
- University of Illinois Chicago Liautaud Graduate School of Business: PDEI Certified