In today’s marketplace, the competitive talent trends make it crucial to have an effective way to accurately assess, develop, and retain top talent. Companies need to go beyond the traditional resume, interview, and yearly review process to discover the real characteristics of superior performance. Cornerpiece Consulting’s job benchmarking process enables businesses to benchmark the job, assess the talent, and find the best job fit. We use factual data based on specific job requirements to provide a solid foundation for the hiring process to ensure that you select and retain only the best people for the job.
Based on a unique 37-factor analysis, the TriMetrix System reveals a person’s specific traits in three areas that describe the how, why, and what of individual performance. This is accomplished through an unbiased assessment of the behaviors people bring to the job, the values that motivate people to do a job, and their potentials to provide the personal skills required by the job.
What does the TriMetrix System measure?
Behaviors – “How”: Behavior is measured in four dimensions; dominance, influence, steadiness, and conscientiousness. Behaviors reveal “how” the job should be performed to achieve success and “how” the employee will perform on the job based on his/her natural behaviors.
Values/Motivators – “Why”: Values are measured in six areas; theoretical, traditional, social, utilitarian, aesthetic, and individualistic. Values drive our behaviors and motivate our actions. Values determine “why” we act the way we do and what motivates our behavior.
Personal Skills – “What”: Personal skills are measured in 23 capacities that are directly related to the business environment. Personal skills tell us “what” a person is capable of doing by ranking their personal skills and describing the potential for workplace performance.
As a job-benchmarking tool, the same three areas are used to measure the requirements of the job, providing a complete system to compare talent to the position and create the best job fit. The TriMetrix System is a powerful tool to ensure that you hire, develop, and retain top talent.
The Job Benchmarking Process
- Identify the job to be benchmarked: It is important to understand why the job exists and how success in the job is measured, as well as the history of the position and how it fits the company’s overall strategy.
- Identify “Subject Matter Experts”: Subject Matter Experts are people within the organization that have a direct connection to the job. We work with the Subject Matter Experts and use their expertise to create the job benchmark.
- Define the Key Accountabilities: Subject Matter Experts let the job talk and define the position’s key accountabilities, or critical goals, and key business successes the job is accountable for producing.
- Prioritize and Weigh Key Accountabilities: The Subject Matter Experts rank the key accountabilities by considering their importance and the amount of time they require to complete.
- Respond to the Job Assessment Individually: Using the key accountabilities as a reference point, each Subject Matter Expert will respond to the TriMetrix job assessment and provide their input regarding the performance requirements of the job.
- Review Multiple Respondent Report: Based on a unique analysis, the Multiple Respondent Report combines the input of all Subject Matter Experts to create a benchmark for the job that lists the job requirements in each category measured.
- Compare Talent to the Job Benchmark: A talent assessment on the same scale as the job will identify the characteristics an individual will bring to the job, allowing you to easily determine the best job fit as well as identify any future developmental needs.
Benefits of the TriMetrix System
- TriMetrix is a validated selection tool that meets all the standards and requirements established by the E.E.O.C.
- Reduce long term costs associated with hiring, training, and retaining top talent
- Decrease both voluntary and involuntary turnover
- Increase productivity, employee morale, and job satisfaction
- Ensure you are hiring the “best fit” for the position and for the culture of your organization
- Compare candidates to the established job benchmark and the national norms for each category
To learn more about our services, please contact us.
MAKE INFORMED CHOICES.
The impact of poor job fit when making employee selections extends beyond simple financial implications. It can harm your organization operationally and can also affect employee efficiency and morale. Use of a proven method to screen and select potential candidates helps identify the right employee, driving measurable value within your organization. Learn the methods to achieve consistent success.