Why Professional Coaching?
Professional coaching provides individuals with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of how their personal and professional behaviors influence others. Cornerpiece Consulting uses both personal assessments and 360 feedback to assist our clients in creating development plans that will assure our clients meet and exceed both their professional and personal goals.
What is professional coaching?
Professional coaching is a one-on-one process where the coach and client work together to achieve specific goals and further develop individual skill sets. Professional coaching provides individuals with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of how their personal and professional behaviors influence others and the overall success of the organization. The coach provides an unbiased view on what he/she observes and then works with the client to identify development opportunities and establish individual goals – while constantly holding the client accountable and checking in on his/her progress toward achievement of all goals. Coaching sessions can be conducted in person or over the phone.
The supportive relationship between coach and client allows for open feedback so that issues or concerns from either party can be addressed in order to strengthen the coaching process. The feedback from individual assessments and 360 feedback combined with the coach’s direct observations and input provide a comprehensive information bank that enhances the client’s personal and professional development. Cornerpiece Consulting’s business and clinical psychologists provide professional coaching to both individuals and groups at all stages of their careers.
- CEO’s and Presidents
- Executives and VP’s
- Managers and Supervisors
- High Potential Employees
How does coaching work?
Coaching is a process driven approach that links personal development to business goals and objectives. The coaching process focuses on five key steps.
- Defining the needs and goals of the client: Through meetings with the client and key stakeholders, the coach and client work together to identify development opportunities and personal goals.
- Collecting data: Data is collected to gain multiple perspectives around the client’s needs, goals, and/or development opportunities. The data can be collected through various channels such as: 360 feedback, interviews with key stakeholders, and one-on-one coaching with the client. Multiple sources of feedback provide diverse perspectives and create an avenue to explore any obstacles that may stand in the way of the client achieving his/her goals.
- Creating a development plan: During one-on-one coaching sessions, the coach and client work together to establish a personal development plan. Development plans are based on the feedback and data collected from the client, peers, employees, and managers. The development plan serves as the client’s roadmap to success and ensures that the client is always working toward his/her goals.
- Continued one-on-one sessions: The number of coaching sessions is dependent on the objectives and goals established by the client. The coach will discuss the number of coaching sessions with the client in relation to both short and long-term goals.
- Evaluation: After the one-on-one coaching sessions are completed, the coach and client evaluate the progress and completion of all goals and objectives. In some cases, data is collected again to identify areas of improvement and development.
Cornerpiece Consulting’s proven coaching programs include:
- Leadership/Executive Coaching: Our confidential and process driven approach begins with an assessment of the client’s personal leadership style. Our clients gain a better understanding of both their strengths and weaknesses, thus enhancing their ability to lead others. Cornerpiece Consulting works with our clients to take them from great managers to truly effective leaders. For more information on our Leadership Coaching, contact us.
- Charm School: We have all worked with people that possess the business acumen to truly excel, but interpersonal conflicts and communication keep holding them back from reaching their true potential. Charm school provides the skills in communication, listening, relationship building, and conflict resolution to help anyone master the fine art of the “people side of business.” For more information on Charm School, contact us.
- Coaching Bootcamp: Sometimes the feedback that you really need to develop professionally and get ahead is hard to come by. People might try to spare your feelings or they might be going after the same promotion as you. Your boss is too busy to take the time required to provide the honest feedback that you really need. Cornerpiece Consulting’s coaching bootcamp provides our clients with the opportunity to get the feedback that others won’t tell them. This direct and results oriented approach is not for everyone, but if it direct feedback is what you need to grow and get ahead, contact us for more information.
- Emotional Intelligence: Research clearly shows that a leaders success is determined more by his/her level of Emotional Intelligence then his/her IQ. Emotional Intelligence, which includes self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management, is critical to the success of today’s leader. To take the first step and increase your “EQ”, contact us.
- Professional Coaching: Our professional coaching services assist people at all levels, CEO’s to new managers, in taking control of their lives and becoming the best at whatever they choose to improve. We work with our clients to identify the obstacles that stand in their way from reaching both their professional and personal goals. No obstacle is too big to surpass and success is always our only option. For more information on our professional coaching services, contact us.
- Group Coaching: Perfect for teams or people who are seeking out the feedback from others just like them. Group coaching combines the benefits of one-on-one coaching with the feedback and input from others, just like you, to achieve measurable results. To see if Group Coaching is right for you, contact us.
- Career Coaching: Cornerpiece Consulting provides the support and guidance needed to help you discover the career direction that you are truly seeking. We will work with you to help uncover your greatest strengths and begin the process of working toward the ideal career that fits with who you are and what you want. If you’re seeking a career change or just want to explore other options, contact us for more information.
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS.
Experience the positive impact that professional coaching has on individuals and organizations alike. The benefits of goal attainment are just the start. Gain improved clarity of the importance of refined professionalism.